Sunday, June 26, 2011

the power of staying focused....

For any regular college student nowadays staying focused is by far  the biggest challenge. Most of us work ridiculous shifts to make sure bills like car payments, gas, school fees, etc., are out of the way and some of us on top of that have kids and spouses to take care of. To add studying for hours into the early morning (personally speaking this is the only time I have free to actually sit down and finish assignments) and then be up again in the early morning to pick a shift before class will mean that some of us will spend most of their weeks on two hours of sleep. Motivation, at this point, seems like a distant joke.
I have to constantly remind myself why I'm in college in the first place. Why do I want this so bad ??? Well, turns out, that everytime I do this "past-checking-to-assure-I-have-a-future" thing I instantly start writting without even noticing it. I truly believe that no matter how hard it may seem now, it WILL pay off. So STAY FOCUSED people because we can do it !!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Indeed you can--and you ARE doing it! It's all about making your own breaks...and enjoying the process too, if can possibly help it! I wish you every success in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete