Thursday, May 26, 2011

Technology, Technology, Technology ... its everywhere but that doesnt necessarily mean that I'm good at it !!!!

It seems to be everywhere these days. Tonight, as I'm sitting at my desk, I have my laptop on, my Blackberry right next to it, my sister makes sure that I can clearly hear the radio and my mum is very inbterested in the latest episode of her favorite soap opera.
But just because it seems like we're surrounded by something 24/7 it doesn't mean that we are actually good at it.
In my case, the situation is so bad that I've spent the past hour and a half trying to figure out how to comment on a classmate's blog. Still didn't get it.
Same with my phone. I just figure out the basic stuff I need to know like how to sms and how to activate my email account on it so I can be kept up to date when I'm somewhere where laptops are not permitted.
Maybe it doesn't help the fact that I'm much more of a talking person than a technology person. It's much easier for me to ask directions in French or order food in Spanish, than to comment on a blog.
Maybe I'm just to much of a bookworm who only got her first computer when she was 20, and therefore couldn't quite exactly hone my computer skills like many of my age.
Or just maybe because my comment hadn't really that much of an interesting opinion and therefore save me the problem of public embarassment by not allowing me to submit it.
Either way, I guess that at 12:52 pm after several attempts, I'll just take a break and try it again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it by then. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are not alone! I am another not technology savvy person, and I also e-mailed everyone about how to comment others blog, where I sat in front of the computer (which I hate doing) for 45 minutes going nuts about how to do it! Technology has consumed our generation in America, and it’s unbelievable how far it’s come in just the past couple years. I don’t rely too much on the computer for anything really and my phone forget it, all I know how to do is text I just bought my first touch screen yesterday and it’s totally foreign to me. I don’t believe in checking your e-mail through your phone and what not, that’s what the fun in the good old computer is for! (I’m saying this now and one day I’m sure I’ll be checking my e-mail through my phone) anyways, it’s hard to believe this world without technology and media induced things like You Tube. Some people cringe at the thought of losing their phone for 24 hours or not being able to access Face book. The world needs to focus more on solving issues, disease and hunger, rather than a new application to add to the Mac book pro or the I phone 10, Lol

    ReplyDelete